Militants in the Niger Delta region have refused to recognize the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) as their chief representative group to negotiate with the federal government.
Among the opposers of the MEND’s leadership are Ultimate Warriors and the Niger Delta Revolutionary Crusaders (NDRC) who insist the movement can’t speak on behalf of all the militant groups in the area as it had previously suppported the Nigerian government against the Niger Delta.
In a statement sent to Vanguard, the groups also gave President Muhammadu Buhari three weeks ultimatum to list a high-powered government Dialogue Team.
They once again stressed that the team should comprise members of the international community with a sole mandate to dialogue with militants and other stakeholders to stop pipeline bombings.
Meanwhile, the Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) have accused some government security agencies of collaborating with the defunct MEND and other saboteurs to bomb oil pipelines in order to arrest innocent people to impress their commander-in-chief and sabotage the genuine battle.
Recall that the earlier the group explained their mission by their desire “to cripple the economy of the country and not to kill any human being on earth. “
The MEND Aaron Team 2
– Senator Florence Ita-Giwa (Cross River) representing all militant groups and communities from the Bakassi axis,
– Mr. Ledum Mitee, Esq. represents Rivers state,
– Senator Adolphus Wabara represents the oil-bearing communities in Abia and Imo states,
– High Chief Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, (Delta state),
– Mr Ibanga Isine (Akwa Ibom state),
– Mr. Alfred Isename (Edo state),
– Mr Timipa Jenkins Okponipere, Esq. (Bayelsa ) is the secretary of Aaron Team II.